THE 7th. A poem written after contemplating 'The swimming hole' by Thomas Eakins by Sattis Factionne Here it is the pinnacle viewed by the 7th this portrait of unintentional sensuality this innocent canvas my eyes are drawn to 1884 my eyes are drawn to the stance of pride Eakins the neglected real-life dreamer the realist from Philadelphia the 6th, as I understand it but which is he? The diver? The recliner? The bather? Here is the 7th looking towards them more real than any realist could ever accomplish wanting to join them exchanging splashes and smiles and sunbeams blinking at their pagan splendour It could go on foreverthis refused commission These gentlemen are older now than I shall ever be these gentlemen are older now than even their creator (eternally 71) Forever caught naked forever caught holier and prouder than even Zeus and Ganymede and I, the 7th, the viewer. How will I be portrayed? me in my jeans, my jacket, my white and tight underwear Cold within the walls of ...
Comments
Post a Comment