Words of varying strengths fucking and punching one another, lighting cigarettes and putting on coats. All creating shadows that we call poems with a queer read on them.
I am the chief of the elements It's a small world I no longer know where I have been What flowers I have smelt along the way I have known love more intense Never a laziness in regard I will sit on this hotel bed Looking out into the universal space Trying hard to hear the birds as they fly by It is rare that I am so alone And I check my phone for messages Check my technology for god Seeing if I still really care If waking up to a room full of people Beats waking up alone The machines all strum together Leaving nothing for me to do I will give up this season, this hemisphere I will give up this faded love And track back to when I was diseased And whispering an intense love When I knew so much in ignorance Now forgotten with education and stagnation I want to swim out to the breakers Swim out to my questions That all got washed to sea I sit here on the hotel bed, thinking of the indigenous What was stolen, returned, given and taken again I think of the p...
If you were driving your mother's car Driving I don’t know where But driving far Would you be regretting anything? Not knowing constellations Just knowing the evening star Hearing your thoughts dance Like the benders in the bars Hearing the tires turn Taking you to new thresholds to pass But you are here for good Even though you don’t know where you are And when you awake at night Panic like wind beating at your wall You know its time to quit Like the flinch before a punch that’s hard And the kicks were fun The fun couldn’t last But it’s the victory that makes you believe And the loss of memory is your defeat A choking laugh in the corner of your mind That you never tried to beat And the further you drive The further you get With the window down Watching the finches fly Peter Paul and Mary spilling from your tongue But Mary has died And the contingent has gone The generation lied They just left us their cars ...
Be an accidental poet Not a real genius Be a boy with a pen And later build up an African empire Equip the Ethiopians with guns and ammunition Be an accidental adventurer Never a genius Try to stand straight on a drunken boat While you set fire to the sails Swap the sea for sand Swap the waves for the camel's gait Discover Explore Let your hair turn grey Fall in love with an Ethiopian woman Let those thoughts of Poetry and French Men go Blur your vision through the camera lens that you hold in your skinny white hand Say goodbye You abismal genius
Comments
Post a Comment