Allow me to pull back the curtains...

I wrote my name in a book. There were 1000 pages. I put it back on the shelf and forgot about it.
One hundred years later my house burnt down. The only thing I saved was this book. I remembered it at the very last moment. Funny what you remember when your house is burning down.
I stood outside. The flames rose so high. My shirt was still smoking and my shoes were all molten. In my hand was the 1000 page book. I opened it and saw my name.
I smiled and walked through my red hot iron garden gate, onto the road and on my way.
I left my house burning. I was in the night. Cool and dark and on my way.
I had never felt so good.
Not once in my 124 year history.
The title if the 1000 page book was ‘What to do when you rescue this book while your house is burning down (hit the road and get on your way)’. Its author was myself.
Funny thing foresight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?