Capabilities


What am I capable of?
Growing great forests of elm from sapling and seed
Trees that never lose their leaf
just change their colours
from emerald to golden and back again
and nowhere will sun break through there boughs
but were I have trodden
What am I capable of?
Building great cities of disagreeing poets
carved into a smoking volcanos side
which shall over flow and exterminate
every poet
when they finally agree
The only survivor will be the milkmaid and her schoolboy son
What am I capable of?
The great seduction of St Peter
and convincing him to leave his post
leaving the gates open for the corruption to begin
looking over this angel’s shoulder
while he kisses my neck
and seeing all the disagreeing poets stride in
What am i capable of?
Keeping the minds and hearts of millions of lovers
here
on my death bed
and bequeathing them to one person
the milkmaids son
who must and will use them
to start a great bonfire
in the centre of a great forest
where the leaves never touch the ground

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?