The Empty Lilac Room



In this true story lies a hidden messiah
For the redemption of all inhabitants of a pretend city
One that lies on a land between my feet
Full of enemies of the empty lilac room
I know that it is your de-curtained and circular stage
That is swept clean with the one stalk of the pale lily
You who wear the embroided emblems
Of monarchies and states long extinct
Coats and arms and crests of houses long fallen
I am one to wrap my self in thoughts of you
To shovel away the layers of dust for information
To find the sordid photographs and feel the distant heartbeat
Nothing changes when you pine for ships of meat
Time becomes naught but a heading for a chapter
And you find yourself standing naked
Next to men from hundreds of years before
Naked men standing pretty
Brilliant men slowly disappearing
In an empty lilac room
With intelligence that is second only
To their urges and thoughts
Of the tapestries of masculine soup
That is sprayed with the brightest of colours
Like a stained glass window
In the chapel of the poet and the soldier
Is it arrogant of me?
To think that between my feet
Lies the land of enemies that urge the destruction
Of the chapel that houses so many colours?
And that I have the power to destroy it
By standing next to these men of history
Some dusty
Some invisible
All naked
Standing pretty in the empty lilac room

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?