Beneath


Two part harmonies amongst the trees along the lake
The man inside the cubicle is my muse for today
but I want to leave this place
where the air is heavy with need and urge
and all are looking down at their shoes
and all birds are flying up
beyond their nests and young
The bottom of the glass holds no secret
and the secret is the bottom of the glass
and when I get fucked I moan and grunt
like every other office boy
in this autumnal summer
And you who tie the bells to my ankles
and plant the snowbells in the ice
you wont get away with the murder
beneath the thunderclap
beneath the christmas tree
beneath the feet of the weary soldiers
beneath the books and pens
I hold out my hand
and you take it and you tell me
'There is a crease down the middle of each open book
and the paper is nice and white and pale
and a pencil is thrown between the pages
and history is created/imagined/made'
and you were talking about fucking the office boy
and having him as your muse
each grunt each moan a separate page
for your genius
Let thy apple fall 
Let thy ink spray
Assist and detest
I hold your angel in my hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?