Black Cars and Blue Suits

Black cars and blue suits
The clock strikes no particular time
I look into the eyes of men
But I don't find the one that is mine
Electric journeys and a violin that sneers
I cross the continent slowly
Listening to stations that gradually fade
Past the highway ghosts alone and holy
One bird is just a speck
Yet many form an arrows head
Moving like the notes across the page
Of a song with words that aren't said
Black cars and Blue suits
There is a man shouting prayers
From a corner where someone was strangled
The sky rolls beneath me fading with my cares
I know you will have found someone new
To fill your ash tray with his ends
As my Cigarette ash gets blown away
And all the memories are just what I pretend
Now I feel fine or as close as one can
Sharp and in tune with where I am
The dark things only come out at night
When the lion seduces the lamb
Black Cars and Blue suits
I am the chime upon the clock
I will find another state to claim
And this ship of fools will never rock...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?