The Boy In The Glasses


I have never been introduced to you
Though I know who you are
I know what you do, and who you work with
I know you are the only one who talks to a girl

Who talks to nobody

I wonder would you talk to me?
Would you read my poetry?
Would you introduce me to your family?
Would we go broke together and die with out a death bed?
Would you spend your money on me?
While I spent all mine on you?
Would you speak to me like you hated me in public?
but rang me when you were alone and drunk and full of lust?
Or would you ignore everyone and say nothing
but just look at me and squeeze my thigh?
Would you share your meals with me
Would you listen to my music and buy me old vinyl records
and play them while we have breakfast in bed?
Would we grow bored after six months?
Would you still straddle me at Sixty?
Would you teach me your native tongue
So I can order fish on our annual holidays?
Most importantly would you read my writing?
And even if you hated it, tell me I was the best writer on earth?
I've never been introduced to you
But every time I see you I wonder if you would do any of this
And I sometimes think we would all be shamed by the answer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?