an ode to the favourite


Leonard Cohen told me not to go home with my hard-on
But you sent me home hard with my head heady with wine
I followed the train tracks through the town in the rain
My cock staying up while my spirits sliding down
Bacchus was on my mind while I stepped through my door
Or Dionysus one of the two
And then I thought of maybe just going to bed
to lay my damp head on the pillow and maybe stain the sheets
Then I thought I would have more wine
And curse you and your modern ways
I just wanted a fuck, and maybe be fucked
My body was your xylophone to pound
But you sent me home with my hard on
Pressing against my denim jeans
Like my vice was pressing against my temple
Like my wine stained breath was pressing against my exhaled sigh
And I was sent home to my lonely bed
To be with myself
To smile as my stomach and sheets were covered
In my own liquid essence
And I smiled because I realised
I didn't really need you, or your commandments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?