Which Colour is Mine?



Which colour is mine?
The colour of the street that you walk upon?
Yes I’ve seen your shoes
together at the foot of a bed
and singularly treading the grey cement
of a gutter at night
expecting something that anger has delayed
What colour?
The colour of your collar
as it covers your neck
the one that has lain on soft pillow
on chest with wiry hair
now hidden from view by the collar
like the bricks of a building hidden by plaster
to hide the support and honesty
What colour?
What shade?
Once found would I have sense of ownership?
would i claim it and paint my banner with its symbolism?
would i say the word until the word was the colour?
or would i give it away
to a lover
one night drunk on lust and wine
covered in summers sweat and the stench of a bastard
and be left pale with
dark crescents beneath my eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?