A Sweet Backwards Melody



Sweet backwards melody
Canned thump and a question of reason
Can you tell me why you lie in my bed?
I see you rise
I see you rise
And you lay there sailing the morning light
I think of Chili, room 111
I think of love and of riding the horse of man
All to the sweet backwards melody
A canned thump and a question of reason
I feel you rise 
I feel you rise
And I lay there looking at your thick fingers
Would they leaf through Tennyson?
Or merely only buttocks, downy
I lay there thinking of what the waitress said
‘Love can happen in an instant- but never simultaneously’
She was Greek and never knew her father
Soon to move to London
The sweet backwards melody
Filling every space of my mind
With a canned thump in my groin
And a wild question of reason concerning you
One I knew would never be asked
Why do you lie in my bed?
You with thick fingers that subconsciously reach
For me, as I rise, looking at your body
While I pretend to leaf through Tennyson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?