In the arms of Cephisus


I meant to tell you what it was on my mind
I meant to tell you what I found in your looks
I meant to tell you what I heard in the songs
I meant to tell you what I think it’s about
The pounding song coming from the piano
It is what the young men expect to cure their heads
Their poor heads, full of disease, full of thought
I can’t admit that I trusted in my thoughts
Ever, for good or for bad
And I can’t admit I ever knew what was good for me
Let alone you
But I’ve always been good in an emergency
But I don’t think you ever expected me to emerge
Into the great son of Pomp
And I don’t think you expected me to be called
Anywhere near the time that I was
But you know I was always true, like the vibration of gravity
And I become the Daffodil to you didn’t I?
I become the blood of Narcissus
You know I meant to tell you so much
Maybe you can hear my words through Echo?
I meant to tell you of all the anticipation I held in my heart
I thought it would burst
I meant to tell you that a heart could never belong to another, only time
I meant to tell you I feel relieved when the year finishes
I know that one day you are going to come for me, you are going to come and put a hold on summer
While I go to stare at the sun and rest my head in the arms of Cephisus 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?