Missed


I missed it
I missed the time
It was too heavy
No, maybe, it was I who was too silent
Whispering like a country pine
Down by the cold creek
And I missed it
Unprotected and unclaimed
The wave falls before we hear it
The cloud drifts before we see it
They are too heavy
Or maybe I am too silent
Whispering away off in the summer’s foreground
Down towards the tumbling waters
I missed it
I missed the time
Something dragged me
Something pulled me
A heavy urgency that could not wait
The golden leaf lets go
The purple Iris withers before spring
They are too heavy
And I too silent

Comments

  1. "The wave falls before we hear it/The cloud drifts before we see it"--genius!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?