Through The Canvas, Over The Poem



Glorious land of broken cloud
Seduced by sunlight in autumn’s dream
I walk through canvas, over poem
Leaving no path winding but skyline straight
Glorious land of symmetric thought
Stroked by the orange fires of summer
The whisper of smoke to cloud is peculiar to me
As are blue hills against bluer sky
At night the winter melody is caught
In the haloed moon’s sinewy arms
To be cradled and then released down night’s stream
Held afloat by every star’s fiery point
Glorious land of sensation and poem
May I caress that which you hold dear?
May I drink in your vision and colour?
May I walk from sunlit path to hide within distant echo?
May I intoxicate you for an instant, an hour?
I live as you do, because you do
Here in these thoughts, within this poem
And I imagine your horizon’s autumn path
Sun setting across the pointed leaves
Blurred by distance, blurred by golden haze
Royal in your wilderness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?