Winter's Stray


Darkness during daytime
Sunshine comes in the morning
And men lean over balconies
I am miles from the sea
Miles from the blue darkness
The blossom has given way
A leafy shadow now waits for the summer
The sun grabs at the tender skin of children
As they confuse visions for growing up
The men lean over balconies
Talking their curved dialect
Waving at the first flies of the year
Sharing the view, forgetting the ocean
The dark ocean, my feet point towards it
I can hear its horn section
The great rising of its strings
A piano beating out a salty melody
The music of Poseidon calling
A cloud, winter's stray, comes back
Confused by the opening of the flowers
Lost, alone and looking for the cold frost
It shrinks under the warm glance of spring
Above the glance of men on balconies
The smell of a cigarette
The thought of a warm embrace
The darkness of the ocean is miles away
I wonder if the cloud can see it
Will he fly there to spend his last days?
Will he take me
Or will I spend my days on this balcony
Adjusting my self to the life of a dreamer




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?