The Lion, An Ode To Ginsberg





Ginsberg.
I am not afraid
I am not afraid of your nineteen sixties television opinions
I am not afraid of your twentieth century expansive heroic verse
I am not afraid of your fan-mail underwear dance
Your communist lover’s scissor cut
Your Broom-stick-fuck publicity short story
Your Lorca/Crane/Batman army reputation
I am not afraid
And I know
I know all about Denver’s broken arm with bloody shirt
I know all about your opinion of the reflection in glass
I know the secret of the lion that did not eat you
And I know your ego only meant sweet, sweet love
And I know your beard was the soft cover for life and the universe in your arms
And I know that your big fleshy 1997 man corpse was nought but a golden memory album that consisted of Corso’s days with sun on the axis of a needle, your own graveyard gifts and manic ego declarations, Orlovsky’s barefooted fecal snowflake poetry and William’s hard-boiled look and big old cock. I know of little Jean. He who pretended to be his old uncle Bill the last time you saw him. This was the rumour. 
Tho the rumour that I tell myself is that he snuck out.
Snuck away
Snuck over
Looked into your Jew eyes
Told you what you needed to hear
Kissed your big hairy loss head
And left via the fire escape…
Ginsberg… one day I will make it to New York
Like all you gorgeous word thieves before me
And I will pick up a phone and call OR3-3638
And if you don’t answer
Well then I will assume you were finally generous enough
To let that skinny little lion eat you
BUT TIMOTHY YOU KNOW!
YOU KNOW.
GINSBERG WAS THE LION, AND BLAKE WAS THE LION AND THE MASTERBATORY VISION WAS THE LION AND STARDOM WAS THE LION AND SPUTNIK WAS THE LION AND THE BAY OF PIGS WAS THE LION AND THE AVENUE WAS THE LION AND DYLAN WAS THE LION AND RIMBAUD’S LOVE CHILD WAS THE LION AND THE TELEVISION GLOW WAS THE LION AND NUDITY WAS THE LION AND EVERYSINGLEJEW WAS THE LION AND DEMONSTRATING DEMONSTRATING WAS THE LION AND MANDALA WAS THE LION AND THE LION WAS THE LION YOU ARE THE LION I AM THE LION
Wash your hands and slowly sit down for soup
Give thanks
And be healthy
Start building your own golden memory album
Then give it all away…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?