No More Snow, No More Weeds



Did you have your memory covered
In a hundred white layers of snow?
Would you be buried by an avalanche
If I ran away to you
If I ran back to you?
I let my memory go to weeds
The flowers died and blossoms withered
I forgot about the bulbs
I forgot about the summer
I walked beneath the sweet cool elm
Like one in which we climbed and kissed
And my heart shuddered- grew warm again
And those bulbs they grew
They shot from the ground
The weeds they withdrew and the flowers of your memory blossomed
And I wanted to run away to you
Back to you

Are you who you used to be?
Do you daydream about the closeness?
About the Heroes and the Myths?
About the centre of the world
In which we stand
O! have you changed?
These memories haven't, tho numbed they've been
I've missed you boy
I've missed you
And all I ask is think of me and let the avalanche fall
Be crushed, be smothered!
I will come and melt it all, I will find you
I will warm you in my garden
Amongst the bulbs
Amongst the trees
Amongst the elms
And we will climb one and kiss
No more snow and no more weeds
Just two boys in a tree kissing in the sun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?