Emily



And the angels circled over head, barking and clawing and throwing themselves at our windows. Inside, we were warm drawing moustaches above soft kissable mouths. It was the time if the year when Autumn could be found within summer and comic wine was drunk straight from the bottle... It was the time of year for sugar daddies, for love and nostalgia. We were the kids of inevitable age pressing our nipples and noses against windows for the angry angels to bare their teeth at. we made a promise that our emotions would never be silenced, nor let the shade of our eyes fade. You were my queen of London and I your king of Melbourne...


Christmas was coming, the land of the broken wall was open for you, the land of the black forrest and Hansel and Gretel, visas were finishing and you considered Prague. Ginsberg was the May king there once, I think you would like prague, you only chose it out of easiness but the culture, the heritage, the streets and it's cobblestones are all what spell to me your name. I was thinking of what to buy my mother for christmas, I was thinking of what I could buy with sighs, with my glances of confusion and resignation, with the sunbeams I keep in my pocket for a rainy day. the sunbeams that make your heart jump. jump out of folk music trances on sunday mornings into flower print twirls on sunday afternoons.,


I could see the orchestra of the city- lit up in the darkness of the midnight oven, sparks of light flying through amongst the limbs of the naked angels, you showed me the moving celestial horoscope flash and pulsate as the white and grey ash from dead winter fires are blown dancing around the room and over the glow of warm lamps. The night is slick with waves of heavy froth from the poetic nonsense of the hours that lie between us. Pain and past and names of dead loves are thrown up and lost amongst the echoing cymbal crashes of the laughter that shrugs off such hazes. and we black out into the hopeless joy of distance, the hopeless joy of memory and the hopeless joy of each other. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?