My Memory So Sweet


The siren of the night tears at the loneliness of silence
Within the colour and the hue I see the shapes opening
I see the reds and the blues breaking the bleakness of darkness
Something that only the stars once did
Curtain wave across my face, brush my cheek, replace his hand
Blanket cover me in safety, secure me in warmth, replace his breath
Dream tell me a story with sunlight as backdrop and gentle breeze perfuming the air
This is the night that I know I must not forget
From darkness harmonies blossom and vibrations of colour thaw the cold air
I don't know from where the music comes but the hymns they are sung
The constellations they are the villains and the mad night angels the heroes
The men who comb the streets for wayward pickpockets to seduce
The men who seduce the street combers and pick pocket their waywardness
In the distance the piano player and the priest make love
In the distance the church burns to the applause of the angels
The gods get drunk on memory and curdled cream
In my bones sit the jewels of unborn princes
Curtain wave across my face, brush my cheek, replace his hand
Our friends are no longer with us but pay no heed
The meowing of the prostitute is the bark of the angle
Can you hear the coins fall to the floor in the room next door?
Can you hear the coins fall to the floor in the room next door?
Do you believe more in morality or mortality?
O remember these questions? Do you remember the anagrams?
Do you remember swimming deep, deep into the depths of Trident's sea?
The green became blue and the blue became golden with the harvest of the horizon
Some say it is all a waste, others a free epitaph written by the oldest of the poets
Who cares we still pissed in those depths, we still poisoned the depths of Poseidon
Come back to me, my memory so sweet, come back to me
I fear I shall grow old and forget your hand waving across my face, brushing my cheek
I fear I shall forget your breath, your warmth
Will I Forget the tears that I cried and bore around my neck for you
The chain of tears that made me stoop as I walked like pilgrim and hobo to shore of stabbing glass
I carved your name in a rock and threw it hard
It flew far, and went deep, deep into the sea
And a fish flew high and shone bright
I shuffled out and stripped naked I lay amongst the starry, stormy, foamy sea
And the waters grabbed that chain of tears
And as I started to sink the fish came and bit the bond and i floated to the surface
Like a wilting flower in a bowl of wine
And I was pushed by the bubbles, by the power of the jewels within my bones
To the shores of night where I was led by the sirens colour, the sirens blossoming wail
By the meowing of the prostitute and I the eldest of the poets
Wrote this epitaph, here for you, my memory so sweet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?