His Song


I walked the shore that carried itself toward the sky
It wasn't far that I needed to go, though I knew I would go further
The waves were ripples, the tide was out, the sun was high
I heard the water crash but to me it was a mere murmur

Gulls flew with wings caught on the wind invisible kite strings untangled
All the grains of sand seemed to make a desert that i chose to walk on
For a comfort and calmness to breath life in the mind that was strangled
I heard the water crash but all I heard was his song

The sky was grey or was it blue? maybe somewhere in between
The head land wasn't far with its lighthouse standing proud
I turned behind to see a wave wash my footprints clean
The gulls all cried but all I heard was his voice sing strong and loud

I paused to stare deep at the water, deep toward the sea
Maybe I thought I had come far enough as far as I needed to go
There is nought the sea can teach on love's sweet misery
For when i listened to my lover's song I learned all i need to know



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?