Me The Moth, You The Flame


Take me to a different place
And show this moth a brand new candle
We can climb on roofs
And leap like burglars
Over alley-way gaps
And slide on loose tiles
Breathing in the low pollution
Of this town
Of the town we love so much
Show the highest roof
To stop and view
The sprawling suburbia
To light our cigarettes
And undo our flies
Pissing off the gutter
Onto the street
Laughing and running as the yells begin
We can climb down fire escape
And through the pubs
And upstairs into clubs
Which our mother's raised us never to see
I will never be alone
And never want to be
Because you are here
Showing me new flames
New jewels and new colours
Creating new names for the town
The town we love so much
Kissing in parks
On bandstands and benches
Looking for symmetry in flowers and faces
for faces in the smoke of cigarettes
Laughing as the chemicals kick in
As the bottles drop and smash
And philosophising on being born to die
I will not die alone
I will will never be alone
I have you in this town
This town that we love so much
Me the Moth and you the Light
Lying on grass or walking on roofs
Hand in hand
Choosing one another's last words
And swimming out into another night
To look for the mystery of joy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?