This Love I Hold



I don’t talk of this love I hold
It’s tucked deep behind my heart
Like a secret garden I go to
When my thoughts drift to your name
My love for you has only sprung
From the occasion of two meetings
Two years apart, how could I wash my mind?
Of the things you have taught me?
The rhythm of your laughter is embedded
In the unwasted time
And when we are again parted
I am miserable, I realize I am not living life
As maybe I should
Your circle is large, your tenderness larger
And you know what is harmless
You know when to stop
Though even I don’t think you should
Yet how are we to maintain what we have
We are the perfect canvass of love
It is the world that is at the wrong angle
If only we could swim naked
To our own idea of pleasure
If only for a night
Just to see what we can achieve
I believe there will be a third time
When complications have fallen
Your awkward echo has disappeared
(Although you did mention soul mates)
My world has been mended
(Although you are the only thing that melts my chaos)
You are hopeless at being anything but my secret joy
And you are so hard to keep up with
Yet your tenderness and caring is what I see
I remember what you said about eternity
And I remember what you said what you were meant for
Said, maybe on a whim, but I will not forget
You’re encouragement is all I need to believe
In myself
In you
In us
You are my secret love
My garden that is just for me
I walk through it and amongst it
When ever I need to see the world
How you see it
A land of drifting pleasure
With laughter that melts the chaos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?