Where Will The Wash Take Us?


Brain against moonlight
Still this youth is hard to find
When was life this easy?
When was I this hard?
Cushion the heart
Frame the speech
Is it far enough that I don't need a map?
Ah! I don't know anymore
Have those saints been marching?
They left an awful mess again
And my bed is oh so lonesome
Like a bright fire with no one to keep warm
I don't know much anymore
I never knew anything of this sort
Easiness was the rule
Confiscated direction
There is enough syllable there!
Have we come far enough?
Oh! People, I don't know
Oh! Angels play your games
We are all dying to see you
Dying to hear those birds
And when the stillness surrounds
I wonder where our neighbours are
What town we have come to
Blandness and brightness
Brilliantness and heaviness
Get into what you have forgotten
Unite every blurred scene
From every blurred memory
And I will visit you at night
I will knock at your jungle windows
I will climb your city trees
Smiles from killers
Farmers wives shaking hands
Fingering the soil for damp
Feasting on the wine and music
Should we mock the poet
Knock at his door and creed
Feel the hues that spread like light
There is no forrest fire
Mere rumour has claimed you
And the tan line that smiles at us
With greasy sweat making us shine
A note against the hand
Written in scrawl and ink
Will the wash take us to Africa?
Where the vines grab at quartz
Somewhere inside we wait
And we know we need you
We call your name to invoke you
You scare us but we still hang to your dress
No, please do not go
I need you


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?