Toward The Wall


Looking at the city lights
Through the rain's silver glaze
Saying out loud the words 'small slender mouth'
Because its Antonio Botto's birthday
And the words go so well together
Pavilions and gazebos
Archways and ceramic pots
Those ones that spew geranium tendrils
The pink flowers bending towards the walls
With leaves that smell of every season
The choice is entirely his
The cloud is of no consequence
As the lights keep away the stars
So the backdrop is forever the same
It's the rain that is lit up
Every wet point hardened into jewel
I tiny diamond to climb upon
Like a stair that changes fate
And my malleable conversation
Is the verging of words
That shows how you would keep my picture
And I know how it is that you find me
But time is a funny thing and I am not here to think
Of danger or you
Of perfection or fools
Today is Antonio Botto's birthday
And I think of hat's and arms over shoulders
Sorrow and flights of fear and flights of fancy
There are only ever two
It would be good to see you tonight
But I won't hold my breath
I am a knight without a foe
Standing on a hill I have dubbed a mountain
Wondering when the battle will take place
All I have is a tree and a smile
Will this rain stop? I think it is time to go
I never began to hope that it would look like this
Diamond steps towards the city backdrop
A glaze of water in a misty golden sphere
The night is kept away by the neon points
And the clouds are here to stay
I think of the Geraniums and I think of Botto
No plane would get through this
No flight of fancy tonight
And no flight of fear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?