Flowers And Blankets



The prettiest flower in the garden
Could never match the warmest blanket in winter
And I, when I am wrapped in this blanket
I see colours
That my eyes have stolen from this prettiest flower
And I feel I am the size of a strawberry flower
Yet my heart wants something the size of a hot air balloon
And all I can taste is the roasts of childhood
Burnt, but tasty
And I want to count the syllables
Written within every letter from a friend in London
She has blue eyes
The man I love has dark eyes
I have grey eyes
And there is another who also has dark eyes
For every bar of music
The nausea rides the ocean
Like a broken pin
Stuck into a champagne cork
And the music never stops
Like the Ocean that the cork must traverse
I never like to think of my paranoia
I never like to think of my childhood roasts
Somewhere there is a beach
Full of corks and waxy wings
Slowly sinking, slowly becoming aware of the weight
And the isolation
And what do we know of these things
Of the quarters and the fifths
I am never going to spend the sigh
Never going to hold my breath
As I sink to the bottom
I will be exhaling my thoughts
Of summer’s flower and winter’s blankets
Should I hold on to what is forever changing?
Believe that eye colour stays the same?
Somehow amongst the garbage that floats in the water
I feel the nausea drive itself away
And I somehow think of someone else with dark eyes
Think of his exhale against the falling night
And I weigh myself with sleep
Wrapped in colours stolen
Wrapped in a love from the past

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?