A Flicker Of Time



I heard a voice come from the way
What it said I could not say
The words flowed clear and sang out strong
Yet my mind felt confused- it felt strange- wrong.

A whole year passed from when you left
where did you go?
What heavily lit trail did you take?

A moment passed, a breath, a flicker of time
And I grew old, no longer watched by the blossom on the branch

I am a single man with eyes behind glass
A soul who should know better than to glance
behind to see his full spine bursting with memories
to try and look at the vertebrae of years
And to distinguish which ones hurt the most
To slip them back into place amongst the dull and placated

The skin on my hands it is cold
The childhood wasn't bought nor sold
A naked boy pissing as the storks take wing
A cello leaning with its tendril, its broken string

The darkness of the television sets
The mere blackness from the night regrets
I can't listen to the sound of embrace
I won't feel the pulse of a year losing pace

The boy looks up and even the leaves are falling
A eulogy, this day, for what will be built
And what will be carved into the walls
Of great sandstone walls that predict the new race
From start to finish, for every boy and every heart's hollow.

I am aghast with the thunder coming from the orchards
The sound of blossom turning their petals
The sound of spring losing the bet
And taking flight upon some well lit path
Heavily, heavenly, earth
The man who washed up upon the beach was not dead
He was merely wishing he could let go of love's pearl

Love's strongest treasure
The unrequited pleasure
It's a melody and pulse
So honest, So false.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?