Like A Blade Of Grass


Diamond fuzziness falling from the past
when you stand next to me it rains and I feel myself getting older
The greatest thing to do is look at my reflection
And realise how bent youth really is
And all the celebration that has been wasted on rubbish and flesh
Is pulled apart in the morning-after like a blade of grass 
And the dreams of homeless men fighting over the soft skin of a young boy
Hesitation kills friendships and the mess you have left is not for me to clean
So the eye that stares at me from its cave continues to stare
with a chain of flowers around the neck and a giant clear drop 
leaking from its past
But where will I stand when you are on your plane?
So high with the headphones on
And I am not going to believe in the philosophies of fools
And I refuse to close doors to see if another opens
Just take me by the hand and accept i am lonely
See further than the kitchen window, further than your own rubbish pile
I fell under blankets
Like I fell under water 
and I want to drown
I want to get swept away
With your name on my lips
With your bruises on my chest
But the past is bent like youth is tried
And I have been executed by my peers
By the friends who will never see my hair turn grey
I wanted them to be star fish
But in turn they got selfish
So I climbed the stairs and found my leather shoes
I found the riding helmet, it was my mothers
And I found my suitcase
It was time to leave
There is a road being washed with my foot prints in the rain
A fence by it's side with rocks painted white
I can't deny when I sing your song animosity leaves
But there is still a blueness on my lip
There is still a cancer eating at my tear
I want to die in Turkey
With the church bells and the sacred tongue
I want to forget you 
Leave you all in the city of Dominoes 
Leave you all crashing down
Our past won't save anything anymore
It's an echo that burns like a star
And the more it fades the less things we have to guide us



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?