Thunder Somewhere


It shakes,
You can't explain why
There is a silver line to everything
An aluminium edge
You fold up into time
Tangled in the sheets of wind
The lightness of a city that is lost at sea
Did you spread your arse for a sailor
While the lamps burnt at either side of the door
The pulse quickens
As the cymbals chime
And the beat falls like scattering china
We are the men who wait
Tonguing the balls of heros
While the gods look down and release the monster hope
And the thunder roars
The thunder echoes in our golden vases
Deadening flowers
And hardening cocks
The embrace is tight
The boats are all taken out by the painted waves of evening
whose dream are we in?
The silence is on the very end of sanity
We need a basic rhythm
The basic embrace
The glasses roll off shelves
And the blood explodes along the panel
Hall ways are where we meet
The different levels of hell are imploding
And I am hard with words on my tongue
I am the utensil for language
Lost at sea, lost under your palm
A red mark written in hysteria
And the good luck is, while you were in me, I knew your house was burning
My vertebrae was there for you to feel
A haiku in brail
For you to blow your load on
What have we run out of?
And what have we run into?
What are we running against?
And what difference is left to run?
We could go fishing, stick a barbed hook in the lip of a fish
You laugh
You want to go dancing
And I would rather drink bleach
The sequel to my past is somewhere in the garden
The dead flower head soggy with dew
And late at night when I have my cigarettes
I fantasise about leaving the whale factory
And moving to an ally in the terracotta factory region of Tangier
Getting fucked by a big bull of a man
And dying on board a ship
On the way to my best friends funeral
In my mind he dies in the mines
I want to just lay in bed
With my magic wand
Commets falling into the garden
And tidal waves scaring sailors
I would look after you all
I would make you tea
And make you scones
And make you hard with my talk of cocks
Cut and uncut
I haven't looked at my watch in days
I haven't looked for my self in days
What colour is the day?
I should go home and sow some seeds
I should get home and light the fires


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?