The Whiskey Husband


The shadow that leaks from the open fly
The denim is stiff from too many drinks
Spilt in the crotch of the whiskey husband
And the floating applecores fly through the air
Softening the ancient Skin that has been passed from the Romans
Like a lesson learnt from history
Your family tree carries nails in it's trunk
And a young man with a deer horn knife
has carved the initial of a man into the bark
Not unlike the bark of a tree fallen on its side
Somewhere in an August, Somewhere with horses in the night
The vibrations are being strangled with the whiskey breath
And all the stars are reflected in the fest drop of excitement
You can smear it, you can taste it
Sweeter than any sweet you can rot your teeth with
And the mobile phones with all the friends
Are merely the new notches on the butt of the flintlock pistol
And the bruises next to the notch are the marks from the cane
While the warm beer has been drunk and then sprayed all over the white moon
To calm the murmurs and steady the pulse of the knight
Whose family hoed the soil that is embedded deep in their toothy grins
Oh you aren't much of a poet
But you love the poetry
And you know where the library is
And the leather chairs get you hard
And you follow me to the sections
On History, Alexander and Ptolemy government
And you show the tropic of capricorn a glimpse of the equator
But who are we to say that the night is alone
Who are we to believe in the Whiskey husband?
Lying on my bed I was thinking of the Irish man
Lying on the the bed I was thinking and reflecting
Letting the thoughts of 2000 years grab hold of my heart
Grab hold of my veins and apple
And Maybe past The tropics I could be a hero
I could save someone
I could at least find some self expression
In the eyes looking down to the pale white thighs
hidden behind the northern suit
And the reaction is all consequence
And the climax is all reaction
I want to capture the Whiskey Husband
And break him apart
Transfix him and hear his stiffness decay
We could be so royal together
I'm running now
The library is closing and the equator is so far off

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?