Doors In Hills, Fires In Mountains


If there is a door in the hill you should open it
Open it and throw a match inside
Watch the mountain burn and the rocks collapse
The underground is a lifetime away
And now I know how the young man feels
While he painted his floorboards bright
The thoughts were flowing away with the sun
Diamonds are born with the fast flowing piano song
The noise makes your hair fall from your head
The chaos makes your joints freeze and your breath starts to shake
Here there once stood a city but the lighthouse's light set it aflame
We have to wait for reason to catch us
Alone and naked between sheets well worn
We have to wait for the waves to wear away the shore
The new bay is forming over the graves of our parents
And now the sun shines on everyone
And the successful wear its cloak like a title
And those who sit laughing forget that its there
Waiting for the diamonds to appear at their feet
Like shaking flowers of illusion and apathy
The paper planes crash and burn- killing thousands when they land
All for the sake of the history of the hidden
The mad jesters and the suburban whores
All pulling parties apart looking for a safe spot
To lie down with their umbrellas and scarves
It is as if we won't ever see these days again
The doors are all rotting in those hills
Houses are all being built over the orchards
I wish I knew what you were saying
I wish I knew who could clean up after me
Yet I am stuck in suburbia eating the rocks on the road I have taken
And the time has built fences
While the sunshine has worked with the rain that has fallen
And the flowers have all rusted
And the diamonds have all rotted
The floorboards have faded and the balding men are nowhere to be seen
Paper planes fly over head
Ablaze like comets, like cities at night
Great sighs are exhaled by the writers of my day
There is no where to go so that we can escape the numbness
We are weak- we notice things
But somewhere there is a door in a hill
And I will throw a match into that darkness
And I will watch as the mountain falls in on itself
Like a volcano without the energy to go on
Like a volcano suiciding
Leaving me and a great furnace to start the machine of life

Once...
                more....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?