Rediscover What Has Yet To Be Found


Flies on the thieves
Swarming up from the well
Landing on the united fears
A problem for the travelling hero who must rediscover all around him, all around him that becomes dust and worn with the on set of the season. Death it is everywhere but within your blushing cheeks. You, You are the man too close to the sun... You are the man who once told me:


There once was a man who was the closest thing to the sun as it fell to the west. I met him in a town of desert flowers and hot winds. You could hear the collective pulse of the population as the heat of the day came to its climax, the blood in your veins would try its hardest to burst from your skin before it boiled and left nothing but hollow and dusty tubes running up your arms. 
We met one night on the outskirts of town as the religious bands were all tuning their instruments, every evening the sacred bands would play the same ancient hymn at certain points throughout the city, thus the holy people of the city would all come out and sing the song of their ancient gods while those of us in our cotton shirts that were stained with the days sweat would venture to the outskirts, as far away as possible from the bands as they were tuning, and we would mingle within the coffee houses that sat furtherest from the racket of the hymn.
This particular night I could hear the sound of the closest band's tuning grow quieter as I ventured further, the sun was setting behind me so I was following my shadow that was cast far and long before me, the roads in this particular town were all clay and stone swept daily by those who owned the house or store in front or else the sand would build up and get in and on everything. My shadow was running along this road when I noticed the man in front of me, he was distant yet what caught my eyes were his shoes. They had been polished to such a degree that the sun when caught in them would reflect back so brightly that it was so brilliant and blinding that I had to shield my eyes. 

Come, it is time to advance.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?