The Tallest Building



Stretching out and pretending you are the tallest building in the city
The one with the lights and the anti-suicide angels
Where the steps were pulled out and replaced by the flying monkeys
They are cheap and smile when they fly you to your level every morning
I hate waking up and seeing those lights shining at me in the dawn
I hate waking up and seeing that you have gone
It’s just me and the tallest building in the city
But the dawn moves on that lights get switched off
And the windows look like pigeon holes for giant cats to paw
And the kids graffiti the basement walls while plans for planes are made inside
While I wonder why it is you hide
From me and the chandelier that you installed
The one with all the lights and crystal
Found when the city was expanding, building built by the Koreans
There are so many good stories from those days
And not many good barbers left, I often wonder why so many lame men remained.
Did I disappoint your flying dreams
When I choked on mine at night
And the era I guess ended when the lights were switched off
And the city’s tallest building shone down on us
As we touched each other
And the wind blew and coughed outside your window
And you knew you had to leave
All your mumbles
With me
While taking all your songs with you
Such is the way of the girl who could never prostitute her self
In front of the watching lights
In front of the tempted heights
In front of the tallest building in the city

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?