A New Letter In The Alphabet


Living on a crest, I guess it is nobody's fault
The red line leading me to the choking gasps
Every picket in every fence could be a new letter in the alphabet
A look from you could be a cigarette freshly lit
The music winds down and I can smell the soap on your skin
You are losing weight but it's what you like to do
I have been stacking crates of beer for money, but I can't seem to do it right
Every time I cut my tongue on the words I swallow I spit the blood on your garden
I can hear the motors rev, they sound like the cold voices in an old folk song
I want to read your letters again, I want to see your tan
I want to tell you about the trees that grow in a land you will never visit
A moth flew into your drink but you still drank it
You saved the insect with your finger, drunk with thinning blood
A ghost tried to watch you piss but it was too fat to fit through the door
You tried to steal my shirt but you had a change of heart
It's what you like to do
Every star in both the hemispheres should be renamed
How old do you feel when it rains? how old do you feel when you start to succeed?
And I know you have been practicing expressions
I have been practicing reflecting
And trying to feel smug but constantly failing
I asked my doctor what it meant to be colour blind
I wanted to know how you saw the world
Everything is rusted, everything is abstract, more Demuth
I came home and took away your coloured glasses and asked what you were thinking
You were reading a book on Romans who were reincarnated
Your fly was open and you told me you wanted more carnations
Every bird that flew past was an ambassador for spring
And every tree that shivered in the late winter wind practised their looks of relief
I wrapped the knives and threw them in the central city's fountain
There safety would be harboured for us
I can not say what else I thought of you for that time
Every day was a different one, as every day is
But I wanted us to become thieves, I wanted us to become lovers
I wanted to be the ghost that followed you everywhere
Living on a crest, acknowledging we are drunks, in love and never at fault


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?