A Song For The Soldiers


As the fever will burn the malady
As the frost will scar the flower of summer
As the key will be cut to fit the old door
As the string will fly within the wind
And our mother's will sing at our deaths
And our father's will weep at the tales
Friends we are now eternal, friends I can hear your songs
Every one of your foot prints will stay in this sand forever
Everyone of your kisses will stay fresh on my cheek
And your reflections will stay upon the waves
Never torn, never frayed, never faded
Sing my name to the sky
And sing of this day to the earth
Do not forget the love that did not rescue us
Do not forsake the memory of the past
Every one of you will live on in the orchards
As we eat the fruits and bury the seeds
I can hear you weep, I can hear your sobs
I can your prayers in all the different languages
My friend your embrace is my daylight
My friend your kiss is my medal of honour
Today our names are written in lists
Rolled off tongues in prayers to the gods
If the day grows long we must make it longer
If the day is loud we must make it louder
As the shore gets eaten by the wave
As the dead must envy the living
As the sun must burn the snow
As the snake must shed its skin
Our mothers will weep for our sin
Our fathers will curse the deeds of our kind
Friends we have our saints who sing for us
Friends we are the new angels
Everyone of your kisses will stay in my heart forever
Everyone of your glances makes me fight another day




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?