The Absurd Brothers


The absurd brothers
Oily hair leaving marks on the window
You know what's chic, you know when to run
The Indian can't grow a beard but he can drive the bus
Fingers are cold and the bath is empty
You wish your mother looked like the singer
You wish the summer would start
The glass was smashed and it looked like ice
All the shards were frosty blue
The comic ink stained the concrete
A ferris wheel will make your blood thick
Magic came out of the fox's hole
And you heard a banjo, you thought you recognised the man in glasses
Are you going to apply for the job
Are you going to insist that you meet the dying poet?
You know you are handsome when you are polite
But I think you know you can be smug
And let's not forget we all reflect too much
On what we all practice on
So the evening will come soon, but the summer is shy
I have to go too but I will leave you my folk records
And I know you can store pictures of me
Behind the drawers or beneath the perfume bottles
I told you the days are getting longer
But you tell me that the trees are all bent with sadness
Every Swan kicks like a duck
There is no beauty beneath the water
Unless you are a fish who gets to model for the japanese poets
And the children who hang from the tendrils of willow
What can you wait for, and what are you waiting for?
A great risk, a minor abrasion, I thought of you as I dreamt
And I knew I would tell you of this
But the mocking birds told  me their fables, and I reflected on the punch lines
I remember the candles and the candies, I was alone everyone had gone
There was a red fire truck and a bus
The colombian poet had thrown himself in front of the car
How was I to know that I wasn't supposed to hold his advise
I was shaking and I bit my tongue, for a reason I remember the leaves
Used tissues were on the road and there was a cigarette still smoking between my fingers
Summer breezes will follow december
And I will follow them, floating down rivers, holding onto willow tendrils
Like a boy holding onto streamers from a parade in a dream
As he awakes kicking like a swan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?