Love Underground


All the love I have in me
And every definition of that word
let them be planted in earth
let music pour over them, radiant
Allow the birds to be the guardians
Aggressive, wise, awake
I can hear the music now
I can become what I want
I will let the claws rip at my chest
Let the love fall out
Let the shovel, the pick, the axe
All hit the stone, the dirt, the ground
Let the great hole be opened
I can hear the murmur of the earth as it is moved
do not be influence, hear your own truth
Hear the hammer against the temple of imagination
Open the doors, smell the iron as it hits the chain
The blue quartz and the grey granite
The look of the picture as your see
As your eyes open for the first time
The mind empties, yet you are full
Your lungs breath air
Ancient and new
Can you tell that this is the love
The love you have buried
How can we not be influenced by ourselves
From our own actions?
How can we empty the truths and the definitions?
The omens and the messages we take for symptoms
Will there be no one for me to write to?
Even now I can't let you out
Even now the love is behind the glass
Guarded by birds and minded by the elderly
Sweetness, with fullness of life
Seeing colours that no one else will ever see
Touching the very end of knowledge
Becoming the father of the will to break open language
Crossing rivers that have not even fallen
You are the great one of my imagination
I can not empty you from my thoughts
My thoughts where there is forever an orange grove on fire
Where there is no industry, only abstract horizon
I can touch your thigh and you are away
You are love and every definition,
You are the crown and every kingdom
Every ode written for every great inspiration
In the light of electricity, we think of the centuries
We think of where the birds will be, and go to
Upon my desk sits photographs of brett and I
Sits a book on the Roman world beneath Caesar
Where is his wife?
I get aggressive, like a man
I get sad, like a man
I wished I could look at the future
And learn more from my past



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?