Pointing Around Corners


The great piano exploded, as I took it upon the train
We were bound for africa, Guinea Fowl flying with us
I caught the invitation disease from a man called Leslie
He had lived the rich life for most of his, he was lucky, metallic
I looked out the window at the wheelbarrow view
It was my holiday, it made me think of medicine and Christ
A remedy for some, a pain for others
Ivory coasts were sold to the men from the chain-gang
I sang my own harmony to the corpse in the cap 
I had to face the problem of leaving
I had to be reminded of dumb fact, shining colour
Nothing reminds me, so, why ask questions of ego?
Sermons written upon orange rocks, on buildings
We lost our ability to choose, we lost our ability to swim
The center of the ocean held one man in a boat
He was taking off all his clothes, dizzy, about to sink into velvet
Green, bright, spheres of light shooting upward
Everything meaning more than he himself could believe in 
The last flower he saw was a Geranium
Exploding forth from the plant that held it 
He plucked a leaf and smelt it as he crushed it in his hand
In his mind he saw an exploding train
In his mind he saw the crates and carts burst into flames
In his mind a piano exploded on this train
All on the palm of his hand
All of the things that I have ever done
Are kept hidden in the cave near a fence of rock
With geraniums growing from cracks in the wall
And sunshine reflecting from the stars on the floor



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?