Mechanical Dandelions



I can't move
I'm all broken, all spilt

I write you letters to let you know I haven't died

The heaven is hot so I guess its close to hell

The door swings against the wind
I've got your dress as a pillow and your watch as a drum beat
The sky is a universe and it waits for us
It is grey like you, like your concrete words

I know it's not naked
I know it is not a film
I know what I can do- here
I know when it is, now

I can't move my back is all broken
My fan's will betray me for yours

I'm all broken, all spilt

Munich sails to the moon
Dug out with machinery
Zeppelins carry London preserving it in space
I am remembering you

In my home, on my bed

Can you see me in daytime flashes?
Can you block out the real life with old deja vu?
The humming is merely an audience not yet gathered
Somewhere they are selling a tower for a price we can't name

I can't move, I'm steel, I'm concrete
Is it raining where you lay?
Are you as broken as I
Are you laying by the train tracks, by the mechanic dandelion?

I'm broken, I'm spilt

The Brass horse is an echo
And we are sailing to the cities that float
Upside down, looking
For our loved men in coats, written into poems
Spilt, broken, poems
About humans, for humans
Slow and fast and tied to balloons
Betraying our own grey time
We never were very smart

We are the string sections
You are the brass section
There is no conductor
But there is a percussion section
And that is me, spilt, broken
Writing you letters to let you know I'm still alive
Boom
Boom
Boom








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?