That Was The 1950's


You couldn’t have placed it
The nagging feeling pulling at your heart
Your life became broken up
The tone continued to ring within your ears
That was the 1950’s
God was real
My words will not swarm at you
My eyes will not hold you there
Paris is not a work of art
As San Francisco is not copulation
Over breakfast I was surprised
You held back
Preferring to count the seeds in the jam
The future wasn’t made from that moment, no
But it felt like everything was building to it
That was the 1950’s
You were real
As the water hit against your face
I shuddered, words clearing my head
It’s such a long road with the length of the world
Sunrise to sunrise
Seed to seed
God became a word to scatter
To fertilise and watch grow
Paris becomes art
San Francisco is union
I’m not here to communicate with you
To throw words at you
You will hold back regardless
History has built up to this point
And it need not explain
That was the 1950’s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?