The Snow And The Sea


Gone is what I once knew
The great beat against the song
All the salt in the all the tears
Has dried against the wound
Like water slipping from the leaf
The velvet decay of a forrest's floor
We should have carved our names in rock
Met dawns on the empty mountain's side
The reflection has gone
Leaving nothing shiny, nothing captured
No word of shame or shaky sight
Gone is the sleep, the phase of night
It is the furtherest fall and the noise birds
It is the thought of wasted time
With no coins left to throw in an unclean well
Holding photographic paper
Like precious faith uncurled
There is everything you need on the forrest floor
With the noise of birds above tarnished thought
Have what you want from the rooms of dust
Carry what you can on the road from slumber
We can turn around and keep our own secret
We can sleep by the fires that burn our hopelessness
It was the future that got us far
It was the itching miles that took us to the snow and the sea
And all the salt from that water
Grabbed hold of the bordering ice
I watched it as I thought of what I should have known
The nature of the day was keeping me thinking of cities falling
With my virtue helping your bravery in recovery
A tangle of birds flying
Towards us with messy faces
Muscles relaxed, bells ringing loud
Things were tough on our road to heaven
With giant lights glowing towards the hills
Far off into the new days
Yes I could have tried to own this terrifying name
With yesterday's mosaic and splendour
But the forrest's soft floor that wrote our story
Breaks the flow of the bird's flight in rhythm
And gone is something that I once knew







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?