The Music

You wanna hear the music I can hear on the boundaries of my soul
The symphonies of disaster, the snare drum of love awakening
Millions of songs and billions of notes all playing simultaneously
And they have got nowhere to be, nowhere to go

Playing for just one listener who sees their colours, Playing just for me
Each note shatters every thought of art and my eyes change colour
Each note is so quiet that I can't perceive the theory of sound, the notion of vibration
The music plays for my guilt, my innocence, my words of love and untapped hate

I don't know how to listen without dying over and over
I don't know how to listen without being reborn
Where does one instrument stop and the other begin?
Where does one note of brilliant shine start and the other fade and die?

Will I die with it?
Into silence away to the next
Can I die with it?
Fading away like the reflection of stars on water

Will it echo on forever, like a burning star, like a great driving wind?
Is it the crashing wave of a burning asteroid exploding into my brain?
Is this the moment when my heart will fill up with the light of a thousand musical highways?
Is this the last parade of angels, as Rome keeps burning, in my torso, in my groin?

I am driving in a car with all songs playing into my smile
with every single speaker casually eating into my spirits heavens
Making the Hades of my future vibrate with the drums of now, BOOM, BOOM, BANG
A twist of reverb and a run of distortion, they sting my eyes and block my veins

I hear the voice of the world singing in their most private of moments
And it freezes my soul, like the second after the first thunder of spring
When the eyes are the brightest and the heart is the biggest, when the sea is high
When the moon is a lit cigarette and you bow to her at the piano of night

My mind is a great unwritten landscape of music
And there is no escape from that sound that I hear, that sound that burns
I am my own prison and I wear a brilliant golden crown of thunder
god's music chimes in every breath I take

I am the note that never dies






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?