Where Will The Fox Bite You?


Great feelings of the rotten heart
I can't help but steal unpolished gold for you
There is nothing in this heaven
That is neither medicine nor tonic
Do you fall along the pathway in your sleep?
Or find the tread of your shoes in your dream
Can you believe the voice that you hear?
Is it that of your mother's?
It could be that of your own- faint, mossy, dusty
The world for you is still flat
The world is still a threat
And in the garden we will tie the monster to the cross
We will bury the horse and drown the rich
Something will happen soon, something fine
Something that lifts the rain
Something that helps the landslides fall far
And when we grab at the trees
When we start burning the ladders
Mocking hounds and charging at those stubborn bulls
We know that bravery is a word that was born with triumph
Yet who knows what decision was made when the letter was sent
Who knows what step will be taken
Where will the fox bite you?
I know Fear resides down by the shore
Somewhere in the cave of Xanadu
I know their gallery closes at 7
But please could we stay
Please can we throw matches at the statues
I want to meet Nick here
By the portraits of genitalia, Mickey Mouse, & genocide
I want to burn alive next to him
I want to see him turn teabag-grey
I want to hear that stupid Australian accent (twisting like a cat's tail)
I wish I knew where the deal makers went to
I wish so much these days
Because I'm stubborn and I am always trading places
I could leave, fight in a war, or try and see things clearly
Yet my loins always bring me back
To the laughter, the Camellias, and this blindfold
But the softness of someone else's thighs will eventually take me
And I shall take my pen to their desk
It is the way of all Saints, all men who have slept on shelves
I will see you somewhere in the war
Please don't leave my heart to rot




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?