Symphony For A Boy At Dawn


Light is drawn over paper sky
I've been on Ēōs' path before
The way that burns the wings of distraction
Soft arms of pine trees take hold of me
The river flows steady through peaks
Over mud and sand
Cold it hides the weapons
Of the remaining race
The simple birds of all seasons
Come and go as please
Preening on rocks in grey light
Waking with no surprise nor wonder
Two forgotten horses
Now wild with ragged manes
Wander through the shadows of the trees
Eyes bright and never sleepy
Ēōs once again opens her gate
And plants the daily rose
I walk down her dewy path
Thinking of the city I call home

Comments

  1. I like the intimacy.... The poem reminds me of the Buddhist-influenced poems of mid-20th-century America.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?