VN 4 JK


Slow distraction I need you
Help me blow my mind
Will I know when to stop this rocket?
Stop singing this song?
Will there be a lesson
Taught to me from the gods?
Will there be a myth?
A great ode for me
Written by the ancients
On drum and stone!
And I know the days are getting longer
I know they are numbered
I know I am wasting the only the thing I have
But I can't explain
And I will walk further
Along the page
I will go further than I have ever been before
And think of all the regrets that I have
Think of all the pride I should have
Think of the shadow where it meets the ground
And I guess I will fall
Fall at the speed of thought
Fall at the speed of snow
Fall at the speed of the guitar strum
Fall at the speed of Kerouac's Disease
At
The
Speed
OF
KEROUAC'S DISEASE
I never wanted this
I was raised to have manners
But I wont thank you for giving me this
The sea smells rotten
The buddhists are lazy
The meat should be given to the oracle
And everyone here has a beard
But there is no sex
Oak tree turns green before I see another erection
I smell the ocean
It still smells rotten
I can't drink and I can't inhale...
Just think of the pride I won and lost
I think of the ballet
Nijinsky
Did he invent Kerouac's Disease
Or did Kerouac have Nijinsky's Disease?
Oh Vaslav, oh Jack...


Comments

  1. I didn't realize until now that Kerouac was gay. Nobody should suffer from the "disease" of self-rejection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?