The Lion & The Dove



I think I've seen your lips before
On an advertisement for some old testament
You've the mouth of a lioness
Yet you speak the language of a dove
Fame and Fortune will come to your door
But only after you have been buried
It is written on a highway sign
In a state where the Summer is peaking
I have a funny feeling
That you know too much about me
And I know what you keep there in your pockets
Between your cock and polished rosary
You see your ancestors in your reflection
The rotten fruit on a golden tree
And you come away with great lights in your eyes
When you dream of the fires in the hills
Can I hold your hand while you shiver?
Kiss your fingers while the boats are taken by the tide?
I will listen to your fever's poem
And travel with you through the perfection of illness
I've never thought too much of marriage
And you have never spoken highly of love
But together, we are naked under one blanket
We are the heroes of high-noon, the brightest part of day
I think I've seen your face before
On a poster for some old imagined movie
You are the lion within me
Yet you keep me caged like a dove.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?