Another Obelisk


Here, I awake with a cry on my lips
A flock of birds wash the fields of ash clean
Wings of orange and purple wave goodbye
At a speed unknown to anybody but the wind
I awake in a slight sweat
Knowing it is cynical October
A morning to plant the Summer Vegetables
Days in which to wait for the Zeppelins to return
And palaces to be built from pearls
I close my grey eyes
Eyes that my mother believes change colour
For in this world I am a middle child
The child with arrogantly imagined power
Here, I awake with the Hangul
Mysterious symbols and sounds
The history of a great king with bad eyesight
I dedicate this obelisk of words to him
Deep against the wall is another shadow
Straight and tall
And it makes me shake, it makes me want to flee
I am unaware that is mine
The smell of flowers and a new day come
With sounds of ages yet to be born
An echo shaking through oblivion's tunnel
From sleep I feel the boundaries change
Here, I awake with a glance into the sun
I await for old age and fall into grace
The days will pass and the rules will change
I dedicate this new obelisk to the great king









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?