Triumph Avenue


Casual glee
So far out of sight
In all those different colours
But my bone has marrow
Invisible
Like halos and breath
Here on Triumph Avenue
Tongue against tongue
Lip against lip
Could I feel right
In this rain
Against white walls of school
With hymns and crickets
I watch the sky fall
If only everything was as magic
I listen to birds sing
As my beard grows
With the Sage goes to seed
And all beings begin to shake
However vibrations still
Loss is given to the writers
History becomes the new season
Illumination is covered
Could I be alone tonight?
With eyes shut
Here three feet off the ground
On Triumph Avenue
Needing something
Carving my initials into the walls of a tomb
Lizards doze
While flood waters rage
I need more words
More symbols of song
I can only hear myself
I've found I need noone
Here beneath the arches of ivory
On Triumph Avenue
I am probably wrong

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?