Only Mistaken



Good Morning
A fresh reflection of fog
I wouldn't live in the forest forever
Only while the Casuarinas sing
I thought I knew the drunken friend
I thought I knew my childhood self
I thought I clung to memory
I know I let it go
And the voice that comes from the sun
Is the same that wished for ice and water
The explosions in my ear at night
Come from birth, from death
I can hear the distorted poetry
The law of that which owns me
I can claw at these walls
I can smoke the energy away
Nail the pictures to the wall
Step to the rhythm
The shy beat of the Romantic Wind
Are you living a life you already regret
Are you feeding from the tit of muddy water
What do you learn from days like today
What do you take from the night of the strange dance
And you have to try a little harder
To feel the cock between my legs
And you see me get fatter, you see me fade
You see me throw myself on the ground
And listen for the penny to follow
The line slowly walks past
Heads bowed with no remorse
No thoughts on tomorrow
Putting more faith in god
Than they do in the fat cocks that they play with at night
A real anguish game
With rules set but not followed
Because the umpires are all dead
The referees are ill
And no one really minds who wins
Because everyone is sober
And i'm fed up
But then maybe I'm only mistaken
Maybe I'm content and everyone is pissed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?