My Own Tibetan Love Song


This cavity in which I live
Full of Summer's tender step
A bright crater between a desert and mountain range
These trees are no longer wild!
And I work in my office (I rub my soul against that grey window)
With a strange strength in my blood, the strength of Greece
I waste my time on other people's lives, those people on their knees as I weed their words
With a light in my eyes, maybe the light from heaven's flower or hell's greatest cock
This light I have seen. Yes I recall...
Many years ago in the dark skinned woman
Who gave me a copper bracelet to wear around my pale wrist
This light I have seen
In the old man sitting on the aluminium bench
Singing Tibetan love songs
Dressed in his grey ghost suit
As the birds flew over us both towards the singer and the marching force
Those birds that are still wild, forever staying neutral
I have become tamed within this cavity
Hearing the jets as they declare war on the other side of the ocean
Seeing the buses bring the northern season to our cold garden
I dust the shelves and I polish the wood
The wood that has been carefully carved by machine and hand
I should be somewhere in the African wilderness
Being buggered
Drunk
Dying young and bloody
I will become that criminal of poetry
I will sing my own Tibetan love song
I will see that light again



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?