Tell Me Where To Go

I've not yet found my paradise
Not yet found burning Rome
I've confused my age with wisdom
My bedroom for my home
I smell the flavours of Kenya
The ghosts of India and Rimbaud
We could be the Heart, the Crane
Caught beneath the tow
I've not yet smelt the Iris
Nor the blossoms from the Pear
I see myself in unbuilt cities
Creases at my eyes, silver in my hair
I am tangled in some mandala
Buried in this flaming sun
I am beneath the naked mountain
Counting the cogs one by one
Let me stroke the thighs of man
Let me kiss their tender lips
Let me lay myself at the feet of beauty
As the sky slowly and solitarily rips
I've not yet heard the final song
Never once seen the Huma bird
I've embraced the boy with the golden hair
That memory is needed (however blurred)
A friend said to me 'Your adorable and beautiful
with your cigarettes and aftershave
But your lovers and your words
Make you someone we can't save'
I said 'I know that Rome is burning and
I have yet to find my paradise
The wax is yet to melt from my wings
And I have yet to rise'







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Daff-Dilly

Blind Me And Guide Me

Whose Language Will I Speak?